The event received some great coverage in the lead up and during the day including the below:
- Major story on event day in Page 3 of the Australian Financial Review (April 5, 2016): Tesla Motor's Elon Musk is energy innovator in spirit of John D Rockefeller
- Sydney Morning Herald (March 24, 2016): Rockefeller Family Fund divests from fossil fuels, which built family's fortune
- ABC Radio National Life Matters (April 6, 2016): Interview with Stephen Heintz
- ABC News Online (April 5, 2016):World headed to recession if climate change ignored, John Hewson warns
Related media on Divestment
- Australian Super (April 15, 2016): Australia’s biggest super fund makes start on fossil fuel divestment
- Australian Ethical and Hunter Hall (April 11, 2016): Australian Ethical and Hunter Hall pledge to divest fossil fuels
- Randwick Council (March 23, 2016): One of Sydney’s largest councils divests from fossil fuels
- Market Forces: Did Vision Super divest on the quiet?
DivestFossilFuels pledges burst through AUD$3billion with Australian Ethical and Hunter Hall sign on
Monday, 11 April 2016
Australian Ethical and Hunter Hall Investment Management have joined a host of Australian Foundations, Philanthropists and Super Funds from across the country pushing the pledges to the DivestFossilFuels project to in excess of AUD$3.1billion.
Australia's first Divest Invest conference to be held in Sydney on April 5
Tuesday, 1 March 2016
Australia’s first conference for investors seeking to effectively divest from fossil fuels and invest in climate solutions will be held on April 5 in Sydney’s CBD. The conference is being run by The Climate Institute with the support of the Australian Environmental Grantmakers Network (AEGN).